Sunday, December 27, 2009

Revolution Health

For this assignment I visited Revolution Health. I thought it was a very good website with a lot of great information. It has articles on many different conditions as well as information on different drugs and treatments. Along with just the basic information on medications there are related articles, as well. For instance, I found an article comparing and contrasting the different types of birth control to help the reader weigh the pros and cons of each method and decide on one that's right for them. There are also useful tools for health and fitness related issues, such as a calorie tracker. It has a healthy recipe section which I enjoyed looking at. You can enter in your zip code and it will list all of the doctors and hospitals in your area. In this section you can even rate and leave reviews of the doctors. There is a personal health record section for which you must create a free account. I didn't have time to check that out, but I plan on doing so. And, as with most web 2.0 sites, there is a community section with different blogs, forums and groups for the users.

Overall, I found this to be a useful website that I can easily see being helpful in the library setting. It would be a great place to point any patron with health or fitness related questions.

No comments: